Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How to clean a greasy oven door

I should feel embarrassed about how yucky my oven door was, but I think because I was sick as a dog with morning sickness for so long and my husband was working like a dog to support both of us (or all soon to be three of us) that things like oven doors can slide.

But I opened it today to put the grill tray back in and suddenly noticed that soon you wouldn't even be able to see through the glass window on the oven.

I've been experimenting with both Bi Carb (bicarbonate of soda, baking soda etc) and Vinegar as natural and cheap cleaning products, so I just had a feeling this was a job for Bi carb today.

So here's what I discovered to really work well:

- Open your oven door as flat as it will go.
- Lay down an old towel on the floor under the door to catch any dirty drips that happen while you're cleaning it. (I only thought of this after I saw the dirty water dripping on the floor.)
- Sprinkle bi carb over the glass
- Squeeze lemon juice over the bi carb. It will fizz up a bit. Love that :)
- Then use a bit of elbow grease. You still need to scrub a little, but it comes of pretty easily. And it smells good too, because of the lemon.

I sat a bowl of hot water next to me to rinse out the sponge periodically.


Now I'm probably slow on the uptake, and I'm sure this is nothing new, but I love discovering ways to do things and have them actually work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...